Welcome to Tiger's Den Dojo. Our curriculum consists of Bujinkan Ninjutsu, Gracie Jiu-Jitsu, and Arnis Knifefighting. We mesh Bujinkan stand-up fighting skills, Bujinkan and Arnis weapons skills, and Gracie BJJ grappling skills into a single interwoven style recognized as Butaijutsu. We also specialize in teaching wilderness survival skills and hold seasonal camps in which we practice these techniques.
Our goal is to bring you the most realistic and combat applicable martial arts and survival training, while maintaining a good Christian training atmosphere. We are a member in good standing with Karate for Christ International and are the representative school for the state of Kentucky.
Areas of study at Tiger's Den Dojo include:
- Junan Taiso: Flexibility and Strength Conditioning
- Taihenjutsu: Rolls, Breakfalls, Running, Jumping, and Tumbling Skills
- Taijutsu: Hand to Hand Striking, Entering, Exiting, and Positioning
- Jujutsu: Ground fighting and grappling including both Japanese Jujutsu and Gracie Jiu-Jitsu
- Bukijutsu: Weapons skills both Traditional, Modern, and Improvised
- Psychology: The Mental aspect of Combat and Survival
- Wilderness Survival: Learning both short and long term survival techniques such as: Building Fire, Making Shelter, Gathering Water and Food, Identifying Plants, and First Aid