Welcome to the Tiger's Den Dojo! Our martial arts curriculum consists of Bujinkan Ninjutsu, Gracie Jiu-Jitsu, and Arnis Knifefighting. We mesh Bujinkan stand-up fighting skills, Bujinkan and Arnis weapons skills, and Gracie BJJ grappling skills into a single interwoven style recognized as Butaijutsu. We also specialize in teaching wilderness survival skills and hold seasonal camps (2 in the summer months) in which we practice these life saving techniques.
Our goal is to bring you the most realistic and combat applicable martial arts and survival training, while maintaining a friendly Christian training atmosphere where you can learn and grow. We are a member in good standing with Karate for Christ International and are the representative school for the state of Kentucky.
Areas of study at Tiger's Den Dojo include:
- Junan Taiso: Flexibility and Strength Conditioning
- Taihenjutsu: Rolls, Breakfalls, Running, Jumping, and Tumbling Skills
- Taijutsu: Hand to Hand Combat, Striking, Joint Manipulation, Entering, Exiting, Positioning, Unarmed Weapons Defense
- Jujutsu: Ground fighting and grappling including both Japanese Jujutsu and Gracie Jiu-Jitsu
- Bukijutsu: Weapons skills both Traditional, Modern, and Improvised
- Psychology: The Mental aspect of Combat and Survival, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving
- Wilderness Survival: Learning both short and long term survival techniques such as: Building Fire, Making Shelter, Gathering Water and Food, Identifying Plants, First Aid, Etc.
As you can see, we have an extensive skill set to offer. Is this something you're interested in? The first class is always no charge! Please complete our membership application and stop by for your free introductory lesson!